Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Clown of "Wilderness"

Here's the 'shortest' lawyer of the "Wilderness" center. Wilderness, as my husband calls it, is more formally known as the Wellness Center! This clown, Ebb, comes in on his knees, trying to sneak in and scare me - he scares me all right, ha! I tell him not to let aging get him down, as it's too hard to get back up. He will ring the bell at the counter, when he comes in and also when he leaves. He evidently eats a big bowl of 'smarty pants' for breakfast, cause he comes in "looking for a [cause]". He examines my attire, to see if I match, even down to my socks, and then gives his approval. He wants the TV on so he can see what the weather man says, but he forgets that it's not on, sometimes, til after he's been there awhile; then he says he wonders what the weather's gonna' do. Sometimes I ignore him and I'll look back and he's standing with his hands on his hips, as if to say, "Well, I guess she's not gonna' turn it on". He's a laugh a minute, and keeps all of us laughing. I have wished I had the tape recorder on sometimes. He and Bob really can exchange some funny things. I tell him my imaginary friends think he has a serious mental problem, ha! I also tell him that he should come with a 'warning label'! He tells me that if things get better with age, then he's approaching 'perfect'! Absolutely no humility! He tells me he can "Rise and Shine" but not both at the same time! Well, you get the idea.........he's a 'clown' and we love him.
Ebb is the City Attorney for our county, and has been in business many years. He was the president of the International Lion's Clubs and has traveled the world over, with the Lion's Club conventions. Ebb is also active in the First Baptist Church, and many civic organizations, and still finds time to go to the sports activities. He has a beautiful wife who is very supportive and loves to drive to their destinations while Ebb reads. I'm sure he has many attributes that he hasn't told us about, but you get the idea!

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.........
A scripture a day keeps the devil away!

If you love your freedom, thank a vet..............

1 comment:

Don and Ida said...

Good story from down at the 'Wilderness Center'...tell Mr. Grindstaff to 'keep up the good work'