Friday, February 20, 2009



Hello, it's me again! Haven't published in several months, so this one's for you Don.

I'll introduce Janet first. She is a regular at our early morning sessions. She is so dedicated that she drives into town from 8 miles out, and she works out and then drives back home to get ready for work, and then she drives the 8 miles back into town to her job. She has a very responsible job, and besides that she has many other talents. She helps Bob and Martha in their ministry, in addition to a lot of other outside activities. She is a true fan of her beloved Texas Longhorns, in Austin, where she also graduated college. She attends all the football games when they are in Austin, where she visits her friends while there.

She is the youngest, and we have a man who is 86, and all ages in between.

She is a quite younger face amidst all the seniors. We do have some in our group that aren't considered seniors yet, but they're beginning to wonder who is in their house hiding things!

The man on the other treadmill is our friend and yours, and his name is Bob. He is a man of many talents, which is evident from all the work he has done in remodeling his big 2 story mansion. It is a picture from out of a magazine! He has recently bought another house and is in the process of re-doing it too. He can do it all, and what he can't do, his beautiful wife, Martha, can do. She is just as talented, and according to Bob, she tells him how she wants it done, and he does it, while she is sewing the drapes and painting the pictures. She can paint the walls too, and they both have fine decorating ideas. I envy them their energy and talents. I'm sorry I don't have her picture yet, but I will get it and add it later. She comes to Wellness also, and works out. If she doesn't come, it's because she's teaching 'line dancing'; another of her talents. This couple work together in their ministry, and are very active with the young people coming to the Bible Study. We are very proud of them and the many things they do for others; like providing Sunday Supper for the shut-ins and the needy. I could go on and on, but must save some for next time!

I've learned that even when I have pain, I don't have to be one.......

I've learned too, that a closed mouth gathers no feet!

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the mornings, Satan shudders and says, "OH NO, SHE'S AWAKE"!!

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to...

My husband and I divorced over religion; he thought he was God, and I didn't!

Being over the hill, is much better than being under it.........

So long for now.....................

2 comments:

Don and Ida said...

Good job...keep up the good work....wish I could go to the 'Wilderness Center'...DDH

milano desen said...

Hallo Jill

I have no access to the blog of Don and Ida. Could you help me please?
Thank you
Milano